There is no debate that the queen of talk Oprah Winfrey has one of the best heads of hair in the business (For those that still don’t know her hair, the one you see on TV, is 100% her hair. No weaves, extensions, zero).
What’s her secret? Well her hair dresser Andre Walker of course.
She has had the same one for 24 years. So who better to get hair tips from?
Here are some tips I picked up from his interview on Oprah.com, click here to read the whole interview.
1. Healthy hair is always clean and conditioned. Make sure products such as sprays, gels, waxes, etc. are cleaned from your hair—otherwise you can create buildup, which is very damaging.
2. Apply heat such as flat irons, curling irons and blow-drying at a minimum, maybe once or twice a week, as this is very drying. Try pin curling or roller setting in between.
3. Excessive shampooing can strip the natural oils from your hair, which is very important if you chemically treat your hair with color or relaxers. Natural oils add nutrients and moisture.
4. If you have color treated hair, its best to use a no lye relaxer.
5. The most common mistakes I’ve seen women doing are over coloring or relaxing. These two processes are very damaging and should be done only when needed. I recommend every six to eight weeks. When you use these processes, you must condition, condition, condition.